Our company (hereinafter called “Company”) complies with any and all applicable laws, regulations and any other rules or codes in relation to the protection of personal information (hereinafter called the “Personal Information”) of all users (hereinafter called “User” or “Users”), in providing such Users with our service (hereinafter called the “Service”) and manages and maintains the Personal Information securely and safely, recognizing the importance of such Personal Information.
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Company uses the Personal Information acquired from Users for any of the following purposes.
- Provision, operation or improvement of the Service;
- Display or indication of optimized information to Users:
- Announcement, notice or message to, or guide or introduction relating to the Service to Users;
- Identification of Users for response to inquiries from such Users;
- Confirmation of addressees or destinations for shipping of gifts, etc.;
- Analysis of data necessary for improvement of the Service, development of new services or for preparation of reports such as research papers;
- Creation, use or disclosure of statistical data in relation to the Service to the extent that an individual User cannot be identified;
- Distribution of targeting advertisements by using attribute or usage history, etc. of Users to the extent that an individual User cannot be identified;
- Provision of information as marketing materials to any business partner of Company or any other third party to the extent that an individual User cannot be identified;
2. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Company may disclose the Personal Information acquired through the Service to any third party, only in any of the following cases.
- If Company jointly provides any service with a third party;
- If Company jointly conducts any research or study with a third party;
- If Company entrusts a third party to perform any part of its business or operation (In such case, Company manages the Personal Information by taking appropriate measures such as execution of confidentiality agreement with such contractor or outsourcee, in order to have such contractor or outsourcee appropriately protect such Personal Information.);
- If any public agency makes reference to Company about the Personal Information or requires Company to disclose the Personal Information, on the basis of applicable laws and regulations;
- In the event that the disclosure of the Personal Information of User is necessary for protection of human life, body or property, and if Company considers that it has difficulty in obtaining prior consent of such User relating to such disclosure;
- In the event that the disclosure of the Personal Information of User is especially necessary for improvement of public health or promotion of sound growth of children, and if Company considers that it has difficulty in obtaining prior consent of such User relating to such disclosure;
- In the event that Company is required to cooperate with any state or governmental agency, local government or any person entrusted by any of them, for their performance of administrative works stipulated in laws and regulations, and if the acquisition of prior consent of such User relating to disclosure of his/her Personal Information may interfere with such performance;
- In the event of consideration of the business succession of Company due to merger, transfer of business or any other reason, and if Company considers that it needs to disclose the Personal Information to a third party who considers such business succession.
3. Correction or Deletion of Personal Information
If User or his/her agent requests Company to correct or delete his/her Personal Information or to suspend its use, etc., Company corrects or deletes such Personal Information or suspends its use, etc., to the extent necessary for Company to perform its business or operation, after confirming the identification of such User and making an investigation for such Personal Information during a reasonable period of time.
4. Cookies and Access Logs
In any of the following cases, Company shall not be liable to User for the acquisition of the Personal Information by any third party.
- If User him/herself discloses his/her Personal Information to a third party;
- If an individual User becomes identified due to any information, etc. input by such User in the Service;
- If any third party acquires the Personal Information outside of the Service (including any other websites linked to the Service);
- If any third party other than User acquires any information to identify such User (ID, password, etc. of such User).
7. Contact for Personal Information